Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sitting Here in the Semi-Dark

This is the second time I have typed this, for some reason blogger didn't post it and that just peeves me off more!

I suppose I should start off with some background knowledge you will have to have to understand my predicament.  Two years ago, my family and I bought a 12 acre piece of property with two mobile homes on it.  We are paying off the property and will eventually get different houses put on it.  But, right now Monkey, DBH, myself and one of my sisters are living in the older mobile home.

Anyway, it is 100 degrees F here today and a couple of days ago we had to break down and use some money (that I really needed to keep for use while being unemployed) to buy another window air conditioning unit.  We already had one, but it was still almost 90 degrees in here and Monkey was always red and sweating, so we got a 12,000 BTU unit.  The good thing is that it does a stellar job!  I am so in love!  lol

The A/C does have a downside though, due to our old mobile home, during the hottest part of the day, the breaker flips.  This causes our living room and my sister's bedroom to lose power until it is flipped back on.  Every time it flips off, my sister moans/growls and gets super pissed off.  So, in an effort to keep it from flipping, I have turned off everything I can.

This means that Monkey and I get to sit in the living room with a blissful A/C humming away keeping us cool, but without ONE light on, no TV, no computer (my laptop thankfully can run without being plugged in).  The sad part is that my sister told me a few weeks ago that her A/C works so well that sometimes she is super cold and instead of getting up to turn the A/C down, she decides to just turn on the heating blanket.  Yeah, seriously, she is that selfish and that idiotic.  So, we sit out here in the dark while she is in her room with the TV blaring, using the TIVO thing, her ceiling fan/light on, typing away on her computer that IS plugged in, charging her cell phone, and probably snuggled under the heating blanket.  Can you tell I am bitter?  Yeah, I am!

I am tired of having to be a parent to her.  She needs to get her head out of her butt, put her big girl panties and and stop getting mad at me and cussing at me like a sailor when I say/do something she doesn't like.  I made a comment earlier that the breaker doesn't flip when she is at work and she started going off on me saying things like "Well, what do you want me to do, it is your A/C's fault!" and "What do you want me to do, turn my TV off?"  No, woman, I want you to get a freaking clue and realize I have a three year old and the world doesn't revolve around you.

Ok, I am stepping down off my soapbox now!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment