Monday, July 5, 2010

Feeling Groovy...

We had a great Forth of July here!  We all went up to my Mom's house (which is on the same property as ours just about 500 yards behind us and over a creek!).  My step-father cooked hamburgers and hot dogs, Monkey made macaroni salad and potato salad (well, he helped his Aunt), and we had strawberry shortcake for desert!  After dinner my sister set off small fireworks and we sat around outside watching.  I love Independence Day because it is one of the few holidays when you aren't expected to do too much or buy anything for anyone!  lol


Yesterday my sister asked me if I would go down to Florida with her (I was born there and lived there until three years ago) to clean out a storage unit and move it to a smaller one as her bill is going up again.  I told her I would go, but I don't think my car will make it and I am not paying for a rental.  She will have to look into it and let me know.  The big news is, if it happens, I will not be able to take Monkey with me.  This would be the first time I have not been home with him overnight.  :(
 

The other night I was cuddling in bed with Monkey (I know he is almost four and it will be soon when I can't do that any longer - so I am enjoying it while I can).  He looks up at me and puts his little hand on my face and tells me that he loves me and asks if I will keep him safe.  My heart melted on the spot!  How freaking adorable is that?

On other fronts, I will update you on my job search.  Normally I spend my days stalking jobs on teachgeorgia.org and then applying to anything and everything I am certified to teach (yea, I know, I am way selective! lol).  Anyway after applying, I find the principal's email address and send them a quick email letting them know I applied and talking about myself a little.  Well, today it paid off.  I got an email from one of the principals directing me to the district's website and asked me to apply online for the job.  He then asked me to contact him when I finished applying so he could contact me to schedule an interview.  Well, you can bet that I jumped all over that and within ten minutes of the email coming, the application was done and I had fired off an email to him letting him know.  I hope to hear back soon.


This school is about an hour and a half away and if I get it, I may have to move closer.  My Mom will be super pissed, but I have to do what I have to do to support my family and well paying jobs aren't exactly growing on trees!  But, I am not going to worry about that just yet.  I am not counting my chickens before they hatch, I am just super excited to even have an egg!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment