Monday, February 21, 2011

Internet Window Shopping

Being a SSBBW (super size BBW) I can't go into the mall or even Wal-Mart and find much that fits me.  I have success with Fashion Bug, but the only one for miles around is closing.  Sigh.  So, in an effort to acquaint myself with the web's offerings, today was spent internet window shopping.  A day when I filled many virtual shopping carts full of stuff I would love to own.  Knowing full well I wouldn't pull the trigger and purchase any of it.  Truth be told, I have spent way to much lately on accessories and clothes (I hit Fashion Bug every weekend until it closes to score cheap stuff).

Due to it being President's Day weekend (here in the US) there are lots of sales out there.   One of the sites, Yours Clothing, is a UK based (so all the USA ladies watch that sizing chart!) plus - sized clothing store.  Right now they are having INCREDIBLE sales.  Their clearance stuff is amazing.  I love this t-shirt and it is only $3.  I wish the hem wasn't asymmetrical though, that look isn't too flattering on me.  Their sale is running through midnight 2/21.

I LOVE this shirt and it is only $3 today!  I wish I had the nerve to wear something like this!


Even though I am trying to love my body the way it is, I still don't want to look like a sausage stuffed in my clothes or have rolls hanging out.  Regardless of the people that say "Wear what you want" or "Forget what other people think" it just isn't that easy.  I will never ever EVER wear tube tops or sleeveless shirts (without a cardi or a shrug).  I most likely will not wear dresses or skirts, but I long to.  Maybe someday I will be able to wear what I WANT, not what I THINK I should.

I am currently taking baby steps to help myself really like my body.  I am actually spending money on myself.  I am done with feeling guilty about buying myself a shirt or some new makeup.  I work hard to earn money, so I deserve to spend some on myself.  Since I don't have credit cards, I never have to be worried about overspending, I can only spend what I have.  :)

To help me like my appearance more, I have bought some accessories (a few necklaces and earrings) so far and am currently on the lookout for more.  I am seeking a cheap outlet to get plus-sized necklaces and bracelets (meaning longer necklaces and bracelets).  So, if you know of a great go-to place, please let me know!

I have also started wearing makeup again.  There once was a time that I wouldn't leave the house without my makeup, but I have gotten into the habit of washing my face and going.  I have to give up that extra 15 minutes of sleep and jump into makeup again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment