Friday, February 25, 2011

Seriously?

There is no way to admit to this to make me look like less of a dork, so I will just come out and say it.  I cut my lip last night.  With what, you may ask?  A razor.  Seriously.

No, I am not a man.  Let me give you a little background information.  I have a medical condition called Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).  Besides PCOS giving me the opportunity to get fatter by the day, darking skin, and infertility, I have the honor of facial hair.  No, not the baby fine hair most women have.  I am talking about full on thick granny whiskers.  Nice.  Thankfully it isn't a full on beard.

So, back to the story.  Last night I noticed a few granny hairs on my upper lip.  I was tired and didn't fell like plucking, so I picked up my leg shaver.  Now, I am not a novice, I have done this many times and NEVER managed to cut myself.  Well, until last night.

While, it is just a nick, it hurt like crazy and wouldn't stop bleeding.  I went to bed with a band-aid on my lip.  It was still bleeding this morning.  When I got to school, it had thankfully stopped.  As I had to talk/teach all day, it kept starting to bleed again.

On the way home from school, I took a picture, see below.

Yeah, not a flattering pic.  Notice the red bump above my lip.

So, this picture does not do it justice.  Seriously, I should have a crater on my face for the pain this caused.

I had to come up with an excuse for the people at school.  Imagine telling 125 sixth graders you cut you lip shaving?  Not. Going. To. Happen.   So, I had to come up with a cover story.  It had to be believable, at least by sixth graders.  My cat did it.  Yeah, that is the ticket.  After all, didn't the dog eat their homework?

1 comment: