Sunday, January 16, 2011

Down the Rabbit Hole

Every once in a while I manage to fall down the rabbit hole - internet wise.  I always like to look at the blogs that the people I am "following" follow (does that make sense?  lol)  And it led me to an interesting rabbit hole - one I have been in for the past few days.

It started out innocently enough, I found a plus-size fashion blog.  Well, as I have said before, I am fat so naturally I was interested in what it has to say.  Over the past three days I have ready every plus-sized fashion blog I can get my hands on.  Most of them wear stuff I would never be comfortable wearing, but I do admire them (and secretly wish I has the nerve to wear fun and fashionable stuff).

If you are not fat (plus-size, obese, chunky, chubby whatever you want to call it), you may not know how hard it is to find clothes in my size (or any size over a 12).  I am a size 30/32 right now so that makes it exponentially harder!  While I have found some great web sites that cater to the full figured, I can not afford to buy new clothes right now.  But I have been inspired to try to accessorize and glam up my current clothes.  I have never been a frilly girl - I like to sleep for an extra 10 minutes rather than put make up on.  But I am going to try to take a little time for me and make myself feel pretty and put together.

I have been scouring ebay for cheap accessories, but haven't had much luck.  It makes it harder because I need an 8 inch bracelet and can't wear necklaces that are less than 20 inches.  I am not going to give up, I will manage to find cute/fun/cheap accessories.  (If you have any go to places, please let me know!)

After that "fat fashion" blogs, I fell down another rabbit hole - although it is closely related to "fat fashion".  This hole was all about Fat Acceptance or FA.  Let me just tell you that I truly admire these ladies that have learned to love themselves - fat thighs and rolls and all.  I am going to work on my love for me as well as working on my weight.  There is no way I will ever be a size 2 (but then I am not sure I would WANT to be that skinny), but I can be smaller and healthier.  I would love to be a size 14/16 or 18/20.  I know that is still huge to some, but to me, it is a goal and is attainable.  I just want to be able to move and enjoy life and at this point I am not enjoying being like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment