Monday, June 14, 2010

On the Hunt

Well, as I said in my first post, I was non-renewed this year (just like thousands of other teachers).  About two weeks ago, I noticed that my former employer had openings for teachers for next year.  To say the least, I was upset.  I felt a little betrayed.  It just gets to me that I have put all of my effort in for the past three years, done everything they asked me to (got more certification, attended any training they wanted) and I was still let go.  Anyway, I applied to all three positions that I am certified for and I actually have an interview this coming Friday.


To get ready, I have been shopping looking for a outfit that will make me look less like a whale than I am.  I am serious, I am not one of those people that says they need to lose weight and you look at them and think they would disappear if they turned sideways.  No, I am a size 30.  Yep, I said it, it is out there in the world and there is no going back.  I am FAT.  But, I have been fat my whole life, so I am used to it.

Besides the interview, I have applied to over 20 openings.  I have yet to get a response from any.  Even if they don't want me, it would still be nice to just hear something like "Due to a lot of applicants....blah blah blah".  But I don't even get that.

Don't worry, this blog isn't going to be all about getting a job.  I won't subject you to that!

1 comment:

  1. I don't get it. How were they allowed to employ you for three years and then sack you? You have to be caught having sex infront of the CCT cameras to get sacked here!

    ReplyDelete