Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sadness

Please forgive me for this post.  Right now I am not feeling very positive or happy.  So, if you want to move on and not read my self-indulgence, I wouldn't hold it against you.  :)


Well, it just hit me.  I am no longer a teacher.  At this point in the summer I would be knee deep in planning and getting ready for the next school year.  I would have all my teacher guides, my standards, worksheets, projects, posters spread around the living room, trying to make my curriculum.


At this point, I have nothing to plan, nothing to get ready for.  All of my teacher friends are busy planning their curriculum and lesson plans, and I sit here looking for a job and playing on Facebook.


I suppose right now I am just feeling really sorry for myself.  I would think it is understandable to wallow in some self-indulgent pity for a little while, but I hate it.

I am missing my old school.  I grew quite attached to those teachers.  I feel like I left part of my family there.  We have been through so much together and I will most likely never see most of them again.  Of course we all promise to get together for lunch, or catch up over shopping.  Those plans never really seem to pan out, slowly we just go our separate ways.


When it comes down to it, I think I am just really sad about not knowing what my future holds for me.  I want to be a teacher.  I just hope someone allows me the chance to be one again...

No comments:

Post a Comment