Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Update on My Sorry Attitude!

Ok, I just want to apologize for the crappy attitude I have had lately.  I have been drowning in a pit of self-pity and I am trying to crawl my way back out of it!  I have decided to stop whining, get over myself, and get on with finding a job.

From now on, I have decided to apply for ANYTHING that I am certified to teach ANYWHERE in Georgia.  I would really hate to move away from my family (and take Monkey away from the rest of the family), but I have to do what I have to do to support my family and not go slowly insane!  I am still hopeful I will find something within an hour's drive from home so I don't have to move.  If I do have to move, I will put my big girl panties on and just get on with it.  People move away from loved ones all the time.

I am currently at 32 applications in and more likely to add on in the next few days.  I have even applied at a correctional institution to be an Educational Manager (basically I would schedule the teachers and do paperwork).  I know I could sit back and draw unemployment for six months, but I am not that type of person.  I need to be out there doing something, working!  Now, I will not work at Wal-Mart or the like (simply because I would make more on unemployment sitting on my lazy butt than I would standing on my feet all day - isn't that sad?).

Tomorrow is a big day!  I have to do some grocery shopping, stop at the dollar store, and swing by the unemployment office again (for some job training or something).

No comments:

Post a Comment